Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 10: Trevose to Rock

Distance covered today: 7844 steps - 4.09 miles
Distance traveled so far: 60.98 miles

I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!


 

St Merryn

First stop of the day is St. Merryn, a nice looking village with a well stocked surf shop to boot! Apparently this was the first town to export beef from the UK following Mad Cow disease (BSE) in the late 1990s.


 

The church in St. Merryn is a bit of a youngster, at just 750 (754 now) years old.


 

Scening fishing lakes further up the road, on another nice virtual day


 

Padstow

Gloriously sunny Padstow, home of TV chef Rick Stein


 

I cross over to Rock on the other side of the bay via a foot ferry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment