Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 16: Tremayna to Widemouth Bay

Distance covered today: 11646 steps - 5.67 miles
Distance traveled so far: 91.60 miles

I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Crackington
 

Millook

Descending from the high ground over Dizzard towards Millook Haven, with the seafront of Bude in the far distance.

Millook
 

Widemouth Bay

Coming into Widemouth Bay which is my destination for today. This area was well known for smuggling in distant times, and I discovered it is now one of the main landing points in the UK for transatlantic telecommunications cables!

Widemouth Bay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment