Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 28: Lynmouth to Oareford

Distance covered today: 17005 steps - 6.99 miles
Distance traveled so far: 164.54 miles


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Note that I have been off sick for a few days, so low step count. I've totalled the past few days of steps and distance up to make today's count. Today's route
 

Leaving Lynmouth

Some jaw dropping coastal views as we climb up Countisbury hill out of Lyn Gorge and the East Lyn valley.


 

Looking down over the East Lyn valley


 

Descending down to the river now, and crossing at Leeford.


 

Getting my feet wet at this forded crossing at Lorna Doone Farm.


 

Somerset

Further down the river, I enter my third county of this trip: Somerset.


 

Friendly passers by waving to me close to the end of today's walk in Somerset.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment