Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 33: Withycombe to Bicknoller

Distance covered today: 13730 steps - 5.64 miles
Distance traveled so far: 188.18 miles
Route coordinates: 51.163106,-3.394077 | 51.146274,-3.278487


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Heading east on the A39 / A358

Not hitting any big towns today - starting Eastwards again towards the Quantock hills and eventually Bridgwater, which I should reach in a few days, which will be roughly the 200 mile mark, and also the point at which I "turn the corner" - in other words, stop heading in a generally eastbound direction, and start heading in a generally northbound direction. This makes sense, seeing as I'm aiming for the north of Scotland!

Rolling Countryside
 

Lots of things to see and do in this area. "Brown signs" line the major A roads.

Brown Signs
 

Believe it or not, this is Williton Police Station. I wonder if the cells in here have four-poster beds?

Williton Police Station
 

It seems everything in Williton is fancy. This church appears to have two large annexes!

Williton Church
 

The road winds ever on and on...

The road winds ever on and on
 

No comments:

Post a Comment