Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 34: Bicknoller to Over Stowey

Distance covered today: 14814 steps - 6.08 miles
Distance traveled so far: 194.26 miles
Route coordinates: 51.146274,-3.278487 | 51.142229,-3.166941


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Crossing the Quantocks

Heading into the beyond. Today I will be crossing the Quantocks, still heading east for the time being.

Heading East
 

In this weather the whitewashed houses here have a distinctly Mediterranean feel to them.

Mediterranean Houses
 

Very nicely converted church here in the village of Crowcombe

Converted Church
 

A bit of leg work required now in order to climb this hill.

Steep Hill
 

Not sure if the depluralisation is allowed, but here I find myself standing on top of "a Quantock".

A Quantock
 

A few fellow walkers out on the hills with me today.

Fellow walkers
 

Very creepy looking lane descending out of the hills again, taking me close to my destination for today.

Creepy Lane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment