Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 37: Gothelney Green to Downend via Bridgwater

Distance covered today: 13797 steps - 5.67 miles
Distance traveled so far: 206.23 miles
Route coordinates: 51.126731,-3.063065 | 51.128913,-3.001116 | 51.163696,-2.988349


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Bridgwater

Finally entering Bridgwater today, and making my turn to the north as I start to walk to Scotland in earnest.

Bridgwater Houses
 

I guess this is one of the biggest towns I have crossed so far in this walk. It seems some areas have seen better days (or maybe just waiting to be refurbished?)

YYYY
 

The high street here looks nice enough. Time to stop for a coffee?

High street shops
 

Technically this is a river - the river Parrett - but its course has clearly been controlled in order to make it part of the regional canal network.

River Parrett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment