Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 40: Brent Knoll to Axbridge

Distance covered today: 11741 steps - 4.82 miles
Distance traveled so far: 218.43 miles
Route coordinates: 51.252609,-2.93436 | 51.28487,-2.841468


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Roads and Canals

Roadside Inn with Brent Knoll in the background near the start of today's journey.

Roadside Inn
 

Glitch in the matrix - streetview showing me on the M5 motorway, underneath the road I was really travelling along.

Glitch in the Matrix
 

A roads would take me straight to Bristol, but I want to avoid cities wherever possible on this route, so will be skirting around Bristol to the east.

Avoiding Bristol
 

The hill country around the south of Bristol visible in the distance, as I head towards Cheddar.

Hill country
 

Crossing on the the many drainage canals which criss cross this part of Somerset, close to the end of today's journey.

Crossing drainage canals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment