Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 42: Cheddar to Cheddar Head via Cheddar Gorge

Distance covered today: 8859 steps - 3.64 miles
Distance traveled so far: 224.89 miles
Route coordinates: 51.283125,-2.784562 | 51.278723,-2.731991


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Cheddar

I have childhood memories of visiting some of the numerous cave systems which line Cheddar Gorge, so interesting to virtually stroll along this memory lane. Apart from the addition of a few curry houses, it doesn't look much different to my memories!

White Hart pub
 

One of the many caves lining the first part of Cheddar Gorge.

Cox's cave
 

As you wander along you pass an eclectic selection of pubs, caves, cream tea shops, cheese shops and gift shops.

Eclectic selection of shops
 

As I head out of town, parking bays line the edge of the road as it narrows entering the steep sided Gorge.

Steep sided gorge
 
Steep sided gorge
 

The gorge flattens out as I reach the summit and near the end of today's route.

End of today's route
 

No comments:

Post a Comment