Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 49: Oldland Common to Yate

Distance covered today: 17746 steps - 7.29 miles
Distance traveled so far: 251.41 miles
Route coordinates: 51.440687,-2.46949 | 51.529618,-2.43755
Walking date: Nov 19th


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Status report: sadly I lost my fitbit last week, so we have a bit of a gap in the walking. A replacement arrived on Monday, so should be back to normal from now on. I also have a backlog of a few days worth of blog posts - it seems to be more difficult to update this, than to do the actual walking!

Today's route
 

Northwards Ho

Some more moody looking clouds as I head north at the start of today's walk.

Northwards
 

Siston

Passing by St. Anne's church in Siston

Saint Anne's church in Siston
 

Gatehouse (presumably) for Siston Court.

Siston Court gatehouse
 

Pucklechurch

Passing though the village centre of Pucklechurch. If I recall correctly, the comedian Stephen Fry spent some time in the young offender's remand centre here in his youth, after going on a spending spree with someone else's credit card.

Pucklechurch
 

To the Midlands

Crossing over the M4 here, which to my mind represents the point where I leave the south of England and head into the Midlands. There is no strict definition of the extent of the Midlands, and most people would say its further north than this, but this is my blog and I'll say what I like! Also my previous walk brought me into South Gloucestershire, which sounds very midlandy to me...

Into the Midlands
 

Westerleigh

Looks like a good place to stop for lunch!

Westerleigh
 

Yate

Finishing today's walk next to the railway line on the western side of Yate.

Yate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment