Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 63: Crossways to Monmouth

Distance covered today: 11388 steps - 4.68 miles
Distance traveled so far: 305.23 miles
Route coordinates: 51.804051,-2.638092 | 51.811746,-2.723494
Walking date: 30th January


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Crossing an International Border

Today I will leave the Forest of Dean and in so doing will cross a major international border, well, the border between England and Wales anyway. And this will be the first time I have virtually walked from one country into another one.

Leaving the Forest of Dean
 

Passing by the church and churchyard in the village of Staunton this morning.

YYYY
 

Wales

And with that we leave Gloucestershire and enter Monmouthshire, and therefore Wales.

We enter Wales
 

The scenery getting even more dramatic now as we wind down the hill towards the county town of Monmouth.

Walking down the hill
 

Crossing a very scenic and misty looking river Wye in Monmouth.

Crossing the river Wye
 

Here I pass the magnificent looking Monmouth School near the end of today's journey.

Monmouth School
 

No comments:

Post a Comment