Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 65: Llymon Bridge to Llanvapley

Distance covered today: 12422 steps - 5.1 miles
Distance traveled so far: 314.79 miles
Route coordinates: 51.82432,-2.807693 | 51.822835,-2.90966
Walking date: 3rd February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Heading back into the Hills

Working my way back into the beautiful hill country here in South Wales.

Hill country
 
Hill country
 

A grand looking roadside pub, this will do for lunch! It turns out this is Warwicks Pub and Eatery in Tal-y-coed. Called "The Halfway" because it is halfway between Monmouth and Abergavenny. It's also the halfway point of my route today.

>Warwicks Pub and Eatery in Tal-y-coed
 

Cute little bus stop.

Cute little bus stop
 

At the end of today's walk, I am starting to see the real hills of the Brecon Beacons hopefully I will reach them tomorrow or the day after.

View of the Brecon Beacons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment