Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 66: Llanvapley to Abergavenny

Distance covered today: 17057 steps - 7.01 miles
Distance traveled so far: 321.8 miles
Route coordinates: 51.822835,-2.90966 | 51.821508,-3.022785 | 51.819068,-3.050938
Walking date: 4th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Entering the Brecon Beacons

Starting off today in the small village of Llanvapley, heading west towards Abergavenny, the gateway town to the Brecon Beacons - famous hill country in South Wales.

Llanvapley
 

A nice little country pile for somebody here!

The Country Pile
 

Some foreboding clouds guarding the Brecon Beacons.

YYYY
 

Passing Parc Pen-Y-Fal - an old hospital now converted to apartments on the eastern edge of Abergavenny.

Parc Pen-Y-Fal
 

St Mary's Priory Church in Abergavenny

St Mary's Priory Church
 

Pretty reflections over the river Usk as I leave Abergavenny and start my climb into the Brecon Beacons.

YYYY
 

Stormy skies mark my first steps in the Brecon Beacons, as today's walk draws to a close.

Entering the Brecon Beacons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment