Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 68: Llangattock to Llangynidr

Distance covered today: 14610 steps - 6.0 miles
Distance traveled so far: 332.03 miles
Route coordinates: 51.845164,-3.128357 | 51.871563,-3.248019
Walking date: 6th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Hills and Canals do mix

A very scenic route today takes me initially parallel to the river Usk and then follows the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal.

Following the river Usk
 
Following the river Usk
 

At this point my route diverges from the main road and follows a path sandwiched between the canal and the river.

Leaving the main road
 

Following the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal on the right hand side...

Monmouthshire and Brecon canal
 

... and then on the left.

Monmouthshire and Brecon canal
 

Whitewater here at Llangynidr as this tributary flows down to the river Usk

Whitewater
 

Looking back up the hill, I can see that the canal itself crosses over this tributary in an aqueduct.

Aqueduct
 

No comments:

Post a Comment