Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 69: Llangynidr to Llanfrynach

Distance covered today: 14013 steps - 5.76 miles
Distance traveled so far: 337.79 miles
Route coordinates: 51.871563,-3.248019 | 51.91865,-3.341745
Walking date: 7th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Trees, Canals and Mountains

Trees and mountains make for majestic scenery, I start today off on a route parallel to the Usk Valley Walk - which is certainly the route I would take if doing this for real and not relying upon google street view!

Usk valley walk
 
Usk Valley Walk
 

Some really pretty scenes following this canal

Tranquil reflections on the canal
 
YYYY
 

Stopping for a bit of refreshment at the White Hart Inn in Talybont-on-Usk

Tranquil reflections on the canal
 

Canal boats in evidence today here in the village on Pencelli.

Canal boats in Pencelli
 

Rounding out the day back in the narrow lanes!

The narrow lanes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment