Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 76: Pen-rhiw-oleu to Penybont Uchaf

Distance covered today: 17955 steps - 7.37 miles
Distance traveled so far: 377.94 miles
Route coordinates: 52.077844,-3.633134 | 52.141285,-3.671693
Walking date: 17th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Majestic scenery

English cynics may have noticed I'm maintaining quite a pace walking through Wales - perhaps so I can get out as quickly as possible? Actually it's the opposite - I can't get enough of this amazing scenery, and if I ever get to do this walk for real one day, I am determined to plan enough time to walk a similar route to this!

Majestic Wales
 

Gently winding country trails

Gently winding trails
 
Gently winding trails
 
Gently winding trails
 

Some brightly coloured houses here in the centre of Llanwrtyd Wells

Brightly coloured houses
 

The road winding out of town following some more great contours.

Road winding out of Llanwrtyd Wells
 

More rivers and hills

More rivers and hills
 

Off the beaten track - not great for a commute to London!

Off the beaten track
 

Trees, blue skies and the promise of more scenery to come.

Trees, blue skies and the promise of more scenery to come.
 
Trees and blue skies
 

And again, ending today in this quiet river valley.

Quiet river valley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment