Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 77: Penybont Uchaf to The Devil's Staircase

Distance covered today: 10956 steps - 4.5 miles
Distance traveled so far: 382.44 miles
Route coordinates: 52.141285,-3.671693 | 52.188602,-3.712091
Walking date: 18th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Heading to the Devil's staircase

Today's route takes me along narrow roads following the incredibly scenic river Irfon which passes the gorges and steep tree lined valleys.

Starting in narrow lanes
 

Some white water on the Irfon here by this car park.

White water on the Irfon
 

Some minor flooding as I pass through. Nothing compared to some of the flooding which has actually been happening in the west of the UK in recent weeks.

Some flooding
 

Strolling along this awesome hillside of knarly trees.

Knarly trees
 

The road twists back in towards the river now and heads into this wonderfully scenic gorge.

Entering the Irfon Gorge
 
The steep sided Irfon gorge
 
Irfon gorge
 

I finish the day with a stiff climb up the Devil's staircase, finishing on one of the first bends.

The Devil's staircase
 

No comments:

Post a Comment