Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 78: The Devil's Staircase to Esgair Gelli

Distance covered today: 10325 steps - 4.24 miles
Distance traveled so far: 386.68 miles
Route coordinates: 52.188602,-3.712091 | 52.202557,-3.790469
Walking date: 19th February


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Climbing the Devil's Staircase

This is an incredible bit of road which crosses between the River Irfon and the River Towy, in steep sided gorges and in and out of forests.

The devil's staircase
 

Descending into the delightful river Towy valley.

River Towy valley
 

My path decends into the valley now and converges on the river itself with craggy rocks above me.

River Towy
 

Climbing back up the other side of the valley.

Clibing back up
 

This viewpoint looks back over the Towy valley

Looking back from the viewpoint
 

Crossing between valleys over this steep sided col

Crossing between valleys
 

The hills become more gentle as my route winds down towards the west at the end of today's beautiful countryside stroll.

Hills become more gentle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment