Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 84: Ponterwyd to Nant-y-Moch Reservoir

Distance covered today: 11060 steps - 5.02 miles
Distance traveled so far: 416.13 miles
Route coordinates: 52.410112,-3.837065|52.462285,-3.839722
Walking date: 15th July


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Ponterwyd

Today's route takes me through the village of Ponterwyd, and then follows the side of the Afon Rheidol through the Dinas reservoir all the way up to the Nant-y-Moch reservoir.

Ponterwyd
 

The road after Ponterwyd so narrow it feels like walking up someone's driveway.

Somebody's drive?
 

Dinas Reservoir & River Rheidol

Passing to the east of the Dinas reservoir.

Dinas reservoir
 

Feels like a good day for walking through the hills.

Good day for walking
 

Nant-y-Moch

The final part of today's route loops up towards the Nant-y-Moch reservoir, part of the Cwm Rheidol hydroelectric power scheme. The dam itself can be seen on the left of the shot below.

Nant-y-Moch dam
 
Walking across the dam
 

The end of today's route leaves me on the edge of this scenic reservoir. Looks like I will be camping tonight, and not a pub anywhere nearby!

Nant-y-Moch
 

No comments:

Post a Comment