Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 87: Moel y Llyn to Eglwys Fach

Distance covered today: 10399 steps - 4.27 miles
Distance traveled so far: 429.17 miles
Route coordinates: 52.514224,-3.893676|52.545423,-3.936552
Walking date: 18th July


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Leaving the forests

Heading down out of the hills this morning.

Out of the forests
 

I'm guessing that I'm closing in on Snowdonia now - definitely some mountains in the far distance.

Can I see Snowdonia?
 

Into the Furnace

Heading into the town of furnace. So named after Dyfi Furnace, built in 1755 it took water from the River Einion and was used to smelt pig iron.

Into the Furnace
 

Passing the entrance to Dyfi Furnace

Dyfi Furnace
 

Finishing up today in the village of Eglwys Fach.

Eglwys Fach
 

No comments:

Post a Comment