Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 99: Porthmadog to Turnpike Cottage

Distance covered today: 11759 steps - 4.83 miles
Distance traveled so far: 481.31 miles
Route coordinates: 52.923038,-4.121415|52.927485,-4.132542|52.967858,-4.098835
Walking date: 7th August


I'm traveling from Land's End to John O' Groats by means of Google Street View and Fitbit. In other words I have actually walked every mile I log, just in a more mundane location. This blog records the route I might have taken, if I had the luxury of taking a few months off work!

Today's route
 

Towards Snowdon

Climbing up out of the valley around Porthmadog today and heading towards Snowdonia proper. Starting off in Porthmadog itself.

Porthmadog
 

Crossing over a dry stream, heading north out of Porthmadog.

Crossing a dry stream.
 

Tremadog

Wonderful view down the main street of Tremadog with the imposing hills just beyond the town limits.

Tremadog
 

Climbing Again!

The last section of today's route sees me climbing back into the hills once more over steep sided twisty roads

Back into the hills
 
Steep sided roads
 

No comments:

Post a Comment